Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Bolivian Riding Powder

So I only got one ride in during my tour of South America....but what a ride it was...

Picture 122

Starting at 4600 meters...yes that's right METERS and singletrack all the way down....

singletrack heavn 

Most if it full-on poo in your pants stuff with plenty of exposure if you got it wrong...

 Picture 167

What you can't see in this photo is the several hundred feet drop to my right...and the several thousand foot drop to my left....

Hence the clenched sphincter type body English seen below...

Picture 186

Despite being off the bike for about 6 weeks and more from luck than skill, I managed to keep rubber side down the entire time.

Hence the large smile on my face....

Picture 185

The following shots are from the "Ghost" trail that Cedric Gracia nailed in New World Disorder 6...

nwd6

spank

ghost trail

spanking it

Of course Gracia may have rode it a bit more aggressively than I did.

Especially on the jumpy bits...

jump

The best stuff was the huge blue sky and the feeling of endlessness experienced on singletrack at high altitude..

wide open spaces

What really nailed it for me though was the beer at the end of the day......

mmmm beer

A massive word to B-Side adventures in La Paz who hooked me up at very short notice...

http://bside-adventures.blogspot.com/

Great bikes, great people and awesome trails..

They also do the infamous Death Road ride, "the worlds most dangerous road"

This is for wimps though....ask them for the Freeride Adventure, only about 20 visitors do this trail a year and it is up there with my trip to Whistler...

The only issue I had was the Xtra Large full face helmet which obscured my vision and made me look like an alien...

Picture 166

I read in the lonely planet that a gram of cocaine costs as much as a beer in La Paz....

I reckon save your money and just ride your mountain bike there...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day! I saw your site when I was browsing the Internet for people who love the Philippines.

My name is LAR and I'm a Filipino. I made a site to promote the beautiful island nation of the Philippines through pictures, and I am currently inviting anybody, Filipino or not, who visited/travelled the Philippines to help build my 'Photographic Profile' page.

If you have some time to answer a few questions and share some pictures of your favorite places in the Philippines, I will create a profile for you on my site. Through this, I aim to help more travelers, photographers and people get in touch with each other and publicly share information about the Philippines.

Please visit www.philtravelphotos.com for more information.

Thank you for your time and I truly hope to hear from you. Best regards!


Welcome to the beautiful Philippines!
L. A. de los Reyes
www.philtravelphotos.com
www.sapot-litrato.philsites.net

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics, looks a stunning place to ride.

Hack said...

Nice pic's!

coastkid said...

thats one hell of a long descent,awsome!!