Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More Fashion...

So yes, this is a blog predominantly about my obsession with mountain bikes but I have been known to watch, and just recently, even play a bit of rugby...

I attended a Rugby dinner a few weeks ago where sporting paraphernalia was auctioned off for charity (To raise funds for a former Taiwan club Rugby player who was disfigured in the Bali bomb)

I coveted one item in particular, these....



My finger is touching not only Johnny Wilkinson's shorts, but (gasp) Johnny's signature.

I havn't washed it since...my finger's looking a bit manky too...

The shorts were auctioned to a drunk Australian stock broker for NT$150,000. Who after completing his successful bid went to the stage and tried to set light to them...

Fortunately he was stopped before the forty or so Englishmen in the audience could get out of their seats and waltz on his Matilda...

In the end the fellow Englishman modeling the shorts purchased them from the Australian for NT$120,000..

Which I guess proves that Ozzies are not very good at 1) losing and 2) maths...

No comments: