Thursday, December 20, 2007

Foghorn Leghorn

While I was safely tucked in bed with massive hangover on Sunday, a few intrepid explorers had made the decision to make an 'exploratory' ride up to a local legend known as 'Fisherman trail'



I honestly had every intention of going and I'm not a mathematician but an early start plus a late night multiplied by several Taiwan Beers equals a very bad sum...

I knew the ride was going to take around six hours and included a ride up to Helen's...which I think is an elevation of about 800m give or take....and that was only halfway up...

At sea level the weather was beautiful, a clear crisp day and when I emerged from my hangover at around 11:00am I was full of regret for not making the effort to go...

And then I saw the photos.....







And then I heard about the stairs...




Six kilometers of them apparently...

And then I heard about the view from the top...



On occasion, the absolute best thing to do is stay in bed....

No comments: